Monday, September 01, 2008

Paying the piper.

Day two - Time to pay the piper.

Apparently the radiation hasn't been too good for my lower GI tract. Heck, it hasn't been too good for my upper GI either, come to think of it. I really don't feel like eating much, and when I do eat, my lower GI reacts with considerable urgency. I'm gonna lose weight like a supermodel again. I'm sorta glad I packed on a few megatons before the procedure.

I'm of the opinion that I'm over-hydrated. My kidneys are working overtime, my bladder is constantly full, I'm a bit bloated, and my lower GI is producing mostly water. Of course, this situation is preferable to dehydration, but it's uncomfortable and inconvenient.

On the pain and discomfort front, I'm having some bone pain, general malaise, and kidney pain. I have little energy.

Two Tylenol helps a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andre - I've just finished reading from the bottom up to this last entry... my son-in-law lives in Seattle and was diagnosed with MM - stg 2 - May 1, 2008. He is finishing up some chemo and will be going for the self-stem transplant in October sometime.
I intend to forward this blog to him, hoping it will provide a measure of knowledge and support to know there is someone also going thru SCCA (sounds like an exotic car club), perhaps leaving a few breadcrumbs for him to follow.
I live in Florida (not the best place to be these days with Hanna racing to get to Savannah and Ike chasing her...) but was in Seattle from May 4-15 and then again from June 23-July 4 to provide relief for my daughter and humor for both.
It's been interesting and helpful for me to attempt to comprehend what G is going through and how his wife, L, is dealing with such enormous stress.
So, I just wanted you to know that I have added you and your beloved Ed to my prayer chain, and to thank you for taking time to share your journey via blog, so that I could be a better mother-in-law.
Blessings, Annie