Thursday, September 18, 2008

Three wonderful things

1) Finding out the source of your fevers.
2) Eliminating the source.
3) Feeling like 0.5 million bucks.

Guess what? I'm SERIOUSLY allergic to Cyclosporine. Yeah, 103F fever level allergic! Having the hospital run out of Cyclosporine was a blessing in disguise. I got switched to something else and BINGO!, no more fevers.

So I've been taken off quarantine and asked to start eating regular food so I can go home!

The bad side? I'm on 40mg of Prednisone per day for the next 10 days. I'm also on two other steroids "forever". Remember the cookie addiction from earlier this year? Well, run right out and buy stock in Keebler because my insurance will be buying them for me for the next decade!

Anyway, now that I'm on Prednisone, I hope to have the hospital repainted by tomorrow. Good night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness!! From an earlier post, it sounds like Ed suspected this all along...

Hope you're out of the hospital SOON!

Hugs to you both,
Tracie

Anonymous said...

Happy Days! So glad to hear it. Such a simple thing that caused so much pain and suffering.
Glad to hear you are doing better.
Cookie addiction beats the alternative.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I have been following your blog since July. I have read the prior posts too.
It's fascinating to me, since I also have MM, am the same age, and am debating whether or not to have a MUD in January.
I saw for a while there it was not going so well for you, but I am very happy for you that they found the source of your fever. I have been on Revlimid for over 2 weeks and have a terrible fever from it every day of 101 to 101.5.
The doctor said stop it.
Anyway, the main reason I am writing is because you look so good! Not like a patient.
I congratulate you on that. When you look good you feel good. It's also great to know you have an appetite.
Keep it up!
Monica