Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Hospital - Day 5

This is Ed, again. This means Andre is still not well enough to blog. You're probably missing his clever writing. I know I do.

Our morning started out fine. Andre had night sweats at about 2-3 AM which we thought was the sign that the fevers are over. I left the hospital at 5:45 AM, went to the house and was off to Vancouver half-an-hour later. While still commuting, I heard from Andre who was feeling a lot chipper like his usual self. This made me less guilty leaving him while he is still at the hospital. And so, I went about my work day.

I called him around 3:45 PM when I finally wrestled some time to grab lunch. Unlike that morning, he sounded bad. He said at about 1 PM, it's as if someone pushed the kill switch on his body (his motorcycle metaphor, not mine) and started feeling like rolled up doggie doodoo.

About 40 min ago, he called me to say he's going to bed. He sounded even worse. His temperature was back up to 102. They gave him the usual Tylenol and antibiotic transfusion. And now, I feel really worried. I told him that I'll drive back down but he didn't want me to. He misses me (and I miss him) but the hospital staff have been taking good care of him. I just told him to be a squeaky wheel and never hesitate to call the nurse--no more Mr. Macho. On that note, we said our "I love yous" and I let him go to sleep.

I'm still here at work but I wanted to blog to let you all know how he's doing. I know I owe some of you returned phone calls and email replies but I hope this will suffice. It's been a crazy day and it's not yet over.

Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts (for those who are atheists) and prayers (for those of you who are spiritual). Keep those positive energy flowing our way. We appreciate them.

1 comment:

Roobeedoo said...

Oh Ed, I came to this post after reading the three above it. It wasn't here last night when I checked - the time difference is so frustrating! Just to say - you are doing a great job being "there" for Andre - even if you can't be physically there all the time he knows you are thinking of him 100% of the time and that's what matters. Hugs.