Tuesday, September 09, 2008

60 minutes

I've got about an hour to blog. It's 11pm and they're not going to hook me up to the liquid leash until about midnight.

I feel better. Not great, but better. Here's the odd part. We've put me on a Fentanyl patch for pain and I take Tylenol every 4 hours, but unless I'm well enough to move about, I have a headache that would kill a mere mortal. It's BRUTAL.

And so, in spite of all the chemicals and high tech solutions we've applied, I got the bright idea to ask for a plastic bag, some ice cubes, and a wash cloth. My nurse understood the concept and delivered the perfect ice pack. It was placed on my forehead about an hour ago, and now I'm well enough to blog. No more fever of 102, no more headache.

Old tech works.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Glad your fever is down. No surprise that you´d come up with something nice and simple to solve a problem.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Andre - had a wild idea... perhaps your donor was a heavy coffee or soda drinker and the donated cells were missing their regular 'fix.' I've had caffeine headaches that make me think my head should be removed from my body... but glad the ice pack worked. COntinuing to offer up Reiki and prayers on your behalf...Annie