Monday, September 29, 2008

Stupidity and adventure

As previously told, Ed and I went up to Vancouver yesterday. Upon arrival I discovered I'd forgotten part of the pump mechanism that infuses my magnesium, so I missed my mag infusion yesterday. I also goofed up my prednisone dosing for today, only bringing half of what I was supposed to take.

I woke up late today and loaded the FJR for the ride back down to Seattle. I dosed as much prednisone as I had, hydrated myself, and rode the beast back home.

Effects: Muscle cramps in my hands on occasion. I guess the mag infusion works. I dosed as soon as I got home and feel much better. Oh, and I did my prednisone dose correctly too, just a few hours later than scheduled.

Crossing the border this time? 40 minute wait for the unwashed masses. Zero minute wait for my NEXUS card. Nobody in line.

The rest of the ride was uneventful. I remembered that beef jerky and Mountain Dew are a complete meal.

No comments: