Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day One report

It's 11:30am of Day One. I got out of bed at about an hour ago. I'm a bit spent.

Last night was pretty rough with some nausea and considerable churning of my lower GI tract. Thankfully it seems to have resolved itself this morning. I'm still a bit tired due to a lack of good sleep last night.

I'm going to speak to the SCCA today about my hydration program. I don't think my bladder should be full every hour. There's another reason I didn't get much sleep last night.

How do I feel? Pretty good, just spent. I feel as I would have 5 years ago after a rough night. Nothing new.

5 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

FL says "You are away out and beyond anything I could ever aspire to! To be so lucid and able to write so well after undergoing anything of the sort amazes me - you deserve to live forever!"!

Anonymous said...

You are a rock star! Keep up the battle! And we are grateful for your posts. Truly grateful.

Anonymous said...

I think you're amazing:)
Thanks for the update!
Tracie

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you!!!! Keep posting!
Smooch!(shhh! Don't tell Jake. lol)
Leigh Ann

Anonymous said...

And now for something completely different:

Andre wrote: "People ask me how I feel and I have to say I'm surprisingly good, considering ..."

Can I inject some M/C content in here? I just got back from a weekend at Loudon. On lap 7 of the LW Sportsman race on Sat, I spun the rear huge on my EX coming out of T12. Barely recovered, genuflected, & did final lap on autopilot to maintain my position.

On cool-down lap I wave to all the CW's, my family in T6, cruise towards Pit In. "Hmmm, wonder if I can see a tire mark exiting 12?"

Looking sideways, I ran over a cone at Pit-In, and it flipped up behind the front wheel, locking it and slamming me down from 15-20 mph.

Sure enough, 5 hours later the X-rays proved that the edge of a helmet is a perfect clavicle-breaking tool. The PA said it was "crazy broke." A little exaggerated perhaps, but it's in 3 pieces with a significant divot.

And yet ...

... I took two vic's that night to go to sleep -- and NOTHING since. Not even aspirin. Sure, I've got a high tolerance for pain, but this seems out of the ordinary. Naturally I was stiff/sore getting out of bed this morning, but I'd slept well and (similar to your observation) it's no different than many days of my youth.

Whether it involved pencil-sharpening or not... ;-)

Cheers, friend.

B.J.