Sunday, September 07, 2008

Watermelon

I'd like to postulate that watermelon might be the perfect food for cancer patients. Terribly juicy, mild flavor, easy to chew, easy to swallow. They're tasty hydration. The sugars are readily available, and the pulp is easily digested.

The slight astringency of watermelon also helps with a pasty mouth.

Guess what I had for dinner.

The docs are keeping me here until they find out what's making my fever go up and down. Let's face it, a 53 year old man with a fever of 102.2 is in trouble, and we couldn't get the fever to break for several hours. Naturally a fever of that magnitude, two days in a row, has worn me out to the point where blogging is the highlight of my day. Talk about your flu-like symptoms!

But, I'm still alive and kicking.

2 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

Keep kicking Andre!
(That is a message to Andre, not to Ed.)

Anonymous said...

Roobedoo, you kill me.

Andre, very happy to hear the fever has broken and you're headed out of the woods. You had me worried yesterday.