Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Moon walk

AKA - going backward in a forward way.

I got two phone calls today. The first was from a case worker with my insurance company. She called to let me know what benefits were available to me that I hadn't used so far. She also made herself available to me for any future issues regarding coverage. I'd be suspicious, but she's already gotten me coverage on a couple of previously denied claims. Seems legit. Seems good. They seem to be interested in rapid recovery.

The second call was the strange one. The SCCA called to let me know they were changing my drugs BACK to the pre-transplant formulations and levels. This means I'll spend 5 hours LESS time on the infusion pump, can eliminate a minor rash I've developed, and take two pills a day instead. I can't think of a single reason they might reverse the drug formulations if I was doing badly. They'd only reverse themselves if I was doing well. Hmmmm..... Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

More questions to ask on Friday. Hopefully more answers on Monday or Tuesday.

No comments: