Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rough rough day.

I'm close to the bottom of the dex crash. By that, I mean that EVERYTHING hurts like hell and I'm oozing blood.

Sorry, that's not a pretty pic, but it's the truth.

Every orifice in my body is exuding a continuous trickle of pink...... blood in urine, nasal secretions, etc. I won't go into details, but this is one of the more severe phases of dex or prednisone elimination. I've seen it before and I expected it, just not today.

Today was the day I entered the SCCA's mini allogeneic program. At 11 am I signed paperwork and did bloodwork for the next phase of life..... This is a big step.

Anyway, from 11 until about 4, they asked, talked, poked, prodded and looked in places we won't discuss here.

They promise to address the esophageal pain, the loss of appetite and weight, and some other significant issues. I have appointments starting at 11 tomorrow. I'm booked on August 18, 21, 22, 23, and 24. That's as far as we have it scheduled.

The new plan is to actually do the allo on Aug 6th and 7th, but that's subject to the donor's continued suitability. We won't know it's gonna happen until the secret sauce shows up at the hospital.... Apparently sometime close to midnight of the 6th.

And then I'll be their slave for 100 more days. At least 3 days a week. Blood tests and inspections.

Anyway, that's todays story. Taking 1000 mg of tylenol and feeling decent now. Way better for me than the cherry flavored hydrocodone they supply cheaply.

No comments: