Thursday, July 17, 2008

The real deal

I was talking to Ed and arrived at what I think is a perfect parallel to what's happening with the Allo program.

I've agreed to take a bullet.

I've agreed to be inspected, prepped, and educated on how to stand in front of a firing squad. I'm told the ammo is good and the firearm is excellent. I'm also told that the entire squad is one of the most qualified in the US.

But I'm gonna take a bullet. Literally. On August 6th, they're gonna shoot me. They hope not to kill me with the bullet. They hope it just grazes the skin and removes the bad stuff with flying lead. I'm gonna take a bullet.

I have no control over what speeds out the barrel. I have no idea where it will strike. I'm just gonna get shot.

In the words of my youth. HEAVY.

1 comment:

Broom said...

that is heavy, but a nice analogy.

good luck andre