Saturday, July 26, 2008

About the delay (with other updates)

I asked for a ballpark, wild guess on how long these little viral problems would delay the game. I was told "Two weeks?" with the question mark clearly stated. I'm wagering it pushes into September.

My taste buds and sense of smell have started working again.

On the drug front, the changes are drastic. Ed was diligent and created a completely new drug list/spreadsheet for me because it's insane now.

I have a drug I have to take before I eat (so I can eat). Cherry flavor!
I have a drug I can take while I eat (so I can eat.) Yucky but effective.
I have a drug I must take with food.
I have drugs I should take with food.
I have drugs I can't take with dairy.
I have drugs I have to take on an empty stomach.
I have drugs I infuse twice daily thru my central line.

So I have a group of drugs that are food related in one place, one of those neat little plastic boxes that say "morning, noon, evening, bedtime" or somesuch, and the fridge has these cool little grenades that administer their magic over a one hour period directly into my bloodstream. One is hooked up right now and it's time to disconnect. Twist, throw away, have a nice day.

Oh, and one of the new drugs I'm supposed to take just before I go to bed is supposed to make people have nightmares and sleep-walk. In fact, they "suggest" that it be taken just before bed because sleep supposedly reduces the effects one would feel if one were awake. This is my first night on the stuff. Looking forward to it! (I made Ed hide the gun and ammo in two different places.)

So, time to change "normal" again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you have a gun & ammo? ... oh, that's right: You're from Texas.

Signed,

B.J. "Lyle is SO cool." Worsham

Roobeedoo said...

Gun and ammo? You mean the icing bag and the flourescent blue icing? Yes, those must be kept separate or who knows what might get written on cakes overnight.
That's NOT what you mean?!