Sunday, July 06, 2008

Rough couple of days.

Ed and I have been shuffling goods back and forth. Lots of it is pretty heavy. I'm a bit worn out.

I recognized something this evening. The dex makes me not want to eat. I can't smell. I can't taste. Food hurts going down (esophageal flare-up because of the pills). And so, since I've been back on dex, basically around the time of the road trip, I haven't enjoyed eating at all. There is a consequence to this.

I only weigh 164# and I have a big belly. I've lost LOTS of muscle mass in my legs and arms. Bad form, bad for me.

I've started a high protein diet. I'll couple it with a continued exercise program. Obviously I've been exercising a bit much over the last two weeks with the move, but I have to concentrate on certain muscle groups that really need help. I need to be in some decent sort of shape when they start me on the mini-allo (allogeneic) program this month.

Off to bed.

1 comment:

Broom said...

i'm just glad to hear that you're doing well enough to be that active now!

good luck with the move.