Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rough week

It's Saturday night of what's been a rough week.

Between the procedures, the tests, the exit process, and the continued GVHD, I haven't felt like doing much.

Friday's bone marrow biopsy and skin biopsy were obviously no fun. "Medical Photography" turned out to be a short series of photos at my physical limits. The steroid taper hasn't been kind, and I've been given "G" (Neupogen, the marrow growth stimulant) 3 times this week.

So my bones hurt, my GI is becoming inflamed, I'm not absorbing pills because of the GI issues, and I'm losing weight again.. Three pounds (~1.5 kilos) in a week.

Tomorrow I have a blood test and start a "24 hour urine" collection.

Monday, I start my day at 8am with a leukapheresis IF Sunday's blood test goes well. If the test comes up with bad numbers, I start with a transfusion and then the leukapheresis. I have something scheduled at the SCCA every single day next week.

Highlight of the week? Ed is here in Seattle with me this weekend. He's so good for my blood pressure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for the tough week ahead. Those neupogen shots cause a lot of discomfort. The important thing is the SCCA consider you eligible for exiting their care.

LOL, I noticed the long term follow up class is conducted when patients feel their worst. That makes it difficult to absorb the info. I hope Ed can accompany you to the class.

Roobeedoo said...

So glad that Ed has been there for you. Keep your chin up honey!