Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mellow observations.

I've been a bit introspective today. I've made some realizations:

1) While I've been frustrated/angry over the SCCA's recent inefficiencies, I have to realize that these are anomalies. They will be corrected and they will resolve themselves if we all cooperate. In general, the SCCA has a terrific program.

2) My perceptions might have changed in the last 60 days. I might be over-reacting to situations. Seasonal changes and general malaise could be contributing factors. I need to control my temper and think before I open my mouth.

3) A perusal of various other MM blogs from a dozen or more authors is quite humbling. I find the average MM blogger to be intelligent, witty, articulate, and stunningly self-aware. I also find it interesting that NONE of them is giving up. Every one of the blogs is about moving forward in some way.

Now, as for today's health, I think my cold is getting worse. The shortness of breath is increasing slightly. Further, I've really felt out-of-sorts today. I did 2 loads of laundry and that's about it. The majority of the day was spent in front of the computer. This hasn't been my finest hour.

And now, you know the rest of the story.

3 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

If you are ill on top of trying to get better it's no wonder you feel low! It's bad enough just being ill (if you see what I mean!)
And 2 loads of laundry is enough for anyone. Even assuming you didn't do it in the bath with a washboard and a mangle, it is quite energetic doing all that bending and lifting and hanging. I did 3 loads at the weekend and had to sit down. And I am supposedly healthy!

Anonymous said...

If it helps at all #1) lots of people who aren't usually cranky were feeling that way today (who knows why, maybe just one of those days around the world) and #2) your insights impress me, almost as much as your honesty.

Thank you for all that you do here with your posts. It keeps my spirits up and I love to hear about all of the details.

Bless you and keep up the fight! You will make it through this.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Andre -- even we who are deemed "not ill" have our own malaise days, and as Anonymous said, I have also spoken with several people who are having (or were on Sunday) a I'm-going-out-in-the- yard-and-eat-worms day. That was my father's acknowledgement that it was a low day.

I will Reiki you today (Monday) and intend that all your cells are healthy and well and that the cold ends NOW! Blessings...