Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New schedule, new plan.

Even though they forgot to order hydration for the upcoming week, today was fairly productive at the SCCA.

1) I've been put on a prednisone taper. I can finally start prying the monkey off my back. (And off Ed's back too.)

2) I have a class to attend tomorrow at 1:30. It's called "Long Term Follow Up - Departure orientation". What's that mean? It means they're sending me to classes on making a graceful exit from the program. From a positive perspective, this could mean I'm cured and almost done with this fiasco. From a negative perspective, it could mean I'm out of luck and they're almost done with me. I'll have the former, thank you!

3) There's a dental exam and a pulmonary test on Thursday. These are standard exit moves.

4) Friday shows, in the following order:
A) A fasting blood draw.
B) Physical therapy for one hour.
C) A bone marrow biopsy.
D) "Medical photography".
E) A team visit.

So I'm looking at the positive side. I'm finishing up. Graduation day is coming. I'm taking finals. I'm currently scheduled thru December 28 on a minor scale. 2009 might actually be in Vancouver with Ed.

Yippee!

2 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

Sounds a bit like a "preparation for retirement" course! Some people will take up surfing or motorbike around the world, but the employer likes to assume they will be lost without the 9 to 5! Nevertheless, I am impressed that they are weaning you off all the attention you get as part of this programme, gradually, kindly, with concern for how you might feel about being alone in the big wide world!

Anonymous said...

As you are being "weaned" from Mother SCCA, I shall have to wean myself from your blog. It has been a roller coaster ride, sharing your ups and downs, preparing for my own ride with my S-I-L, who started his cell-cleaning on Tuesday. They harvested all they needed in less than 3 days! Some kind of apheresis record I expect.
Anyhow, all your perambulations through your mind about your body has been helpful, informative, scary, funny and insightful.
I will miss hearing about you from day to day, but will just assume and intend that you are getting on with the rest of your life, Andre, as you should. Gradually we all do incorporate the good, the bad and the phenomenal into the mundane thing we call our lives... Blessings always, Spiritwoman