Sunday, November 30, 2008

Inconvenience

I was at the SCCA at 10:45 this morning for a blood test. Yes, it's Sunday, but they scheduled it anyway.

They called me back at about 3:30pm to figure out when I could get there to do another "type and cross" for a blood transfusion. I showed up at about 4:15 and gave another vial.

Now they've just called back and scheduled a transfusion (whole blood) for Monday morning at 8am. It's a 4 hour process. When I'm done, I get to come home and do my regular 4 hour infusion.

NOW HERE'S THE FUN PART: During the "type and cross", I was asked to provide another enteric sample because they "lost" the one I delivered on Friday. An enteric sample consists of 2 four ounce jars of POO! How in hell did they lose a bag full of POO? And if they lost it, where is it now? Does somebody have my medical record number and name now? After all, they were printed on the outside of the containers!

I'm getting a better explanation tomorrow. The errors are starting to accumulate rapidly.

1 comment:

Roobeedoo said...

That's a pile of poo.