Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Surprise!

At 3:15 this afternoon, I walked into the bathroom to pee (imagine that) and I glanced in the mirror. My right eye was bloody. Yup, a tiny little hemorrhage that filled about 1/3 of my eye with blood.

Oh, you know, one of those blood filled eyes you might see the day after a fight...... Just blood between the white of the eye and whatever covers the white. (I'm an optimist, not an optometrist.)

So, since I'm supposed to call the SCCA with anything out of the ordinary, I called the number on the magic list.

"Uhhhh, can you come directly to the 5th floor triage?"
"Sure."
"Come now."
"Cool. Bye!"

And so, I was off like a bunny. I got to the SCCA in 20 minutes flat and reported to the 5th floor checkin at 3:45.

THIRTY MINUTES LATER, someone took my vitals. The triage nurse called my team PA and he came down. After 5 minutes with him, I was told "Nothing to worry about." and was sent home.

Fun afternoon.

No comments: