Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Immunity

I just got back from the SCCA. It's official. I have no immune system. I'm neutropenic. The basic range for neutrophils is 1.8 to 7.x and I'm showing 0.22 thousand per ml. Yup, if you do the math that's 12.2% of the established minimum. Obviously my white blood cell count is correspondingly low.

Now, don't get all worried. This is the result we were going for. This is a good thing! It means that the melphalan they gave me in the hospital has worked. I've been getting injections of growth factor every day since the melphalan dose, so we should see a turnaround in my numbers asap.

Now I just need to figure out how to keep dirty little kids away from my front door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't turn on your porchlight and perhaps put a Quarinteened sign on door. Better yet, print up some Jehovah's witness reading material and post with note saying you do not particpate in Halloween activities. The parents will get a big scare and run away fast.