Friday, October 12, 2007

First Friday Adventures.

I arrived at the SCCA this morning at about 9:20 for a 9:30 appointment with the dental group. They inspected, probed, prodded, and said "Hmmmm" and "Ahhhhh!" a lot. Seems I'm going to need some pretty extensive work before they let me go into transplant. I need a wisdom tooth worked on (like a major filling and possibly a root canal), and I have two crowned teeth that will probably need patchwork fillings to prevent near-future problems. Yippee! (NOT!)

I spent $24 on special toothpaste that my insurance won't cover.

And then I went in for my pamidronate infusion at 10:30. It's supposed to take 2 hours. It took 3.5. The nurse wasn't having a good day and managed to blow out a vein in my right arm, then the scrip was late in arriving, and well...... it was just one of those days.

Meanwhile, it was a gorgeous day in Seattle and I spent most of it watching TV. I should have been out riding.

On Sunday I have to pee in a giant bottle for 24 hours.

Next week's schedule starts Monday at 7:45 am, then an 8:00 consult, then 9:45 at another facility for an ultrasound, then a 1:30 back at the SCCA and Ed has to be present for this one.

Tuesday starts at 10:15 with a consult, then a training class at 11:30, then another consult at 12:30. These are followed by a skeletal x-ray at 3:30 and a full body MRI at 4:00

Wednesday is another consult at 3:45 and Ed should be present for this one too.

Thursday is an 'optional' class at 9:30. Then another consult at 11:00, followed by a pulmonary test at 2:00.

Who knows what Friday might bring. They own me.

No comments: