Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What qualifies?

I've been wondering about what qualifies as a cancer blog post. I think I've figured it out with the help of a couple of other bloggers. Apparently, this whole thing is supposed to be about LIFE.

Well, I've written lots about the hard part of my recent life. I think its time to include some of the positive parts of la vida buena (the good life).

Yesterday, I worked my butt off (comparatively speaking). See, I had a pair of electrical projects I wanted to complete on my motorcycle. Simply put, I added accessory power outlets and a heat controller / outlet for an electrically heated jacket. No, it doesn't sound like much, but here are some bad pics and a description of the work.

Sorry for the low quality. Click on the pic if you want a larger version.



These will allow me to plug in my air compressor, any cigarette lighter device, and also let me plug in my small battery charger to maintain the battery on the bike.

The second installation was the heat controller for the electric jacket. Here's a simple pic of the power outlet. Yes, the picture is lousy.



Realize that I had to take the motorcycle apart in order to install the components and do the wiring. The fuel tank, tail section and much of the bodywork had to come off. I worked until about 6 PM to design, reassemble and test the modifications. It was a long day's work for me right now, but pleasantly productive.

And then.......... Ed and I went out with our friends Pam & Suzie for Italian. We talked, we gossipped, we had fun. We got home at about 10 PM. Fun was had.
So what does any of this have to do with cancer? Everything! Physical activity, execution of projects, social activities........ Our life continues to move forward.
I hope yours does too.

No comments: