Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back on the health front.

I had a consultation with my regular oncologist today. I got good news.

The autologous transplant seems to have done some good! My M-spike is down to 0.4 g/dL. That's as low as it's ever been, and he expects it to drop another tenth to 0.3 g/dL.

What does that mean? It means my disease has retreated. It hasn't surrendered yet, but we're beating it down. We'll do a complete set of tests again at ~80 days. I'm at day 47 now.

As far as the allogeneic transplant goes, we continue to follow up with the facility and we're staying informed. Limbo shouldn't be done in silence.

3 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

Andre - that is really good news! YOU are the one to be congratulated! I didn't even realise the spike could go that low (having been told that 1.5 and below was "in the normal range"! Fantastic!

Broom said...

awesome... good to hear things are looking up!

Yuliya said...

Great news!!