Friday, January 25, 2008

Chemistry / Changes

Prednisone and its effects are leaving my system. Unpleasant sinus changes have returned. Why are the September 2006 sinus symptoms still a gauge of steroid levels?

Conversely, moustache hairs are starting to regrow. I feel 16 again in this area because I haven't had to shave since November 1, 2007. Yeah, I got a 3 month reprieve from the razor. I recognize this as a sign of recovery, but it sure was nice to be able to keep a smooth face without any work.

Testosterone levels seem to be increasing. They've effectively been at zero since November 1 also.

Ed and I have been reading information on two special situations concerning liver/kidney transplant patients. There are recent press releases, as well as printed papers/articles in the journals about transplant patients whose bodies have adapted to their transplant. The results appear to be related to the patients receiving procedures akin to mini-allo bone marrow stem cell transplants as part of their procedures.

The articles can be found HERE and HERE. Be sure to listen to the audio on the second article. It makes things much more clear.

On the home front, I've promised myself I would make a complete dinner for Ed and I every night. Very little "quick foods", even though we still have lots of ready-cooked foods we enjoy heating up...... but I'm going to augment those with as much reality as I can. It becomes a mini-project every day and it keeps Ed fed better than usual. Oh, I also make his lunch every day. Meatball sandwiches, ham salad, tuna salad, leftovers. Nothing major, but he enjoys it and it saves money.

Last night I made a sweet southern style corn bread from scratch.... well, I used a recipe, but it didn't come from a commercially pre-packaged box..... I had to measure, mix, etc. I know it sounds a bit goofy for a guy who used to take pride in his ability to cook, but I've never baked anything in my life. Both of us really liked it. I'll do it again. I may branch out!

Making Ed some empanadillas tonight. He's asked me to make tapas once a week.

Oh, and my big DUH for the day: I washed my phone with some blue jeans. I took it apart, dried it, and it seems fine.

(2678)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of running a keyboard in the dishwasher to clean, just have to make sure it is completely dry before using. I suppose the same principle could apply to phones.
Have you tried making cornbread casserole? Just to clarify, it's baked in the oven, not the dishwasher.

Roobeedoo said...

A teenager already? But you only just got re-born!