Monday, January 21, 2008

Another weekend comes around.

Here's the update for the week. My prednisone taper (scheduled reduction in dosing over time) has come to an end. Today is my 2nd day free of pred. Ultimately this is a good thing, but now my body has to rely on itself instead of the magic chemical, so there are changes happening again. The yo-yo does the 'yo'. Let's just say there are minor stresses. I'm just whining. I'll get over them. It feels like an exercise program. Changes, minor pains, different feelings. Nothing more.

On the home/life front, Ed and I took a day trip up to Vancouver, BC, Canada because it was going to be a sunny day. Yeah, that was our excuse. We drove around, saw some sights, ate Filipino food, and walked a bit on Granville Island where Ed bought me a hat to keep my dome warm in style. Then we drove home. Total trip, about nine hours. We had a nice day.

Here are some pics. Click on them to make them larger if you want.

Southern Vancouver (CN99) looking north into Vancouver proper and Grouse Mountain, with the rest of the range beyond. Pretty representative of the daily real world of Vancouver.



Another view from much farther north and west, but still south of False Creek.



Finally, a pic of me on Granville Island. No, that's not the hat Ed bought me.


Yes, there are much nicer views and places in Vancouver, but that's not what we did yesterday. We just went there and did it a bit like the locals. Sometimes we like being "reality tourists".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did it a bit like the locals eh? So you sat in gridlock traffic, bragged about the superiority of Canadian government, and talked about hockey?

Anonymous said...

Ed found a CMRA hat in Vancouver? Man, I gotta start printing up some LRRS hats and hawking them ... could make a mint!

B.J.

Roobeedoo said...

So THAT's what you look like! :)
My Great Great Aunt Lizzie lived in Vancouver (irrelevant fact for the day). I'm told it's a happening place!