Monday, January 07, 2008

Progress?

The last week has been odd.

The Prednisone (steroid) taper has been going strangely, in that I'm retaining water like a baggie. Heck, I'm even scheduled to see an opthalmologist on Thursday to do something about the amount of water collecting between the whites of my eyes and the thin, clear outer layer of skin that covers the whites. (Sclera?) Yeah, it looks like I have tears in my eyes all the time, but they're just little baggies of water.

Heck, my legs are starting to look like my great-grandmothers. Wondering if I should go out and buy support hose that I can roll halfway down my legs..... NOT!

The other side of the Pred taper is an incredibly grouchy mood. I mean NO tolerance for what I perceive as BS. I almost ate a waitress at a restaurant the other night. She was horrible and I just went off. I mean OFF and this was in front of friends with children. Drugs are strange. I've even been intolerant of Ed, and that's pretty stupid of me.

Anyway, on the good side, my GI, diet, and food tolerances are improving greatly. It's amazing to think I had diarrhea for 4+ months. Not fun.

General health is improving and I seem to feel physically better about 2-3% every day. I'd take that kind of return on the stock market every day!

I just hope the attitude problem goes away soon..... I'm trying to control it because I know it's there, but it's difficult to just let things slide...... very difficult. Odd.

1 comment:

Yuliya said...

Nobody can blame you for feeling grouchy - now, what's my excuse.. :) But yeah, take it easy on poor Ed!

Hugs

Y