Saturday, December 01, 2007

Stinky!

I smell like DMSO today. It's the preservative (antifreeze) that stem cells are stored in before transfusion. It stinks. I stink.

Some people say it smells like creamed corn. Some people say it smells like garlic. Some people say it smells like DMSO. I'm in the latter camp. It's just sort of a chemical-esque fragrance with subtle hints of creamed corn and garlic. "Eau do DMSO". Or maybe "DMS Eau".

I can see the marketing campaign now:

"Smell like the stereotypical Frenchman with DMS Eau."
"Increase your intrapersonal space with DMS Eau."

I'm thinking we can put these ads on the sides of busses. Nothing like a little waft of diesel to go along with your DMS Eau!

Anyway, the other side of the DMSO thing is that it makes my sense of smell COMPLETELY upside-down. Ed made pancakes this morning. I thought he was burning truck tires in the kitchen.

Basically everything stinks, including me. My nose is having a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding rude, HAHAHAHAHa..... tire rubber with maple syrup. Delicious.