Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Day 04

I'm officially neutropenic again. I have no immune system. We've reached an objective.

The mucositis is really starting to be a drag. It's hard to drink. Hard to take my pills. Hard to eat. The pain's not unbearable, but it's getting worse so I'm packing a hospital kit later today with the idea that I'll be headed there in a day or two.

The plumbers came by about the floor drains. They say there's really nothing they can do owing to the original design and implementation of the drainage field some 49 years ago. I believe them. They passed up a $500 ticket because they didn't think it'd be worth my money or their time. That's a sign of a good businessman in my opinion. Tell you the truth. Tell you how much it will cost to 'take a stab at it'. Tell you about the basic construction of what you're dealing with. Let you make the decision. They even offered an opinion on my plumbing drain system for the upstairs bathroom. Seems I went a bit overboard with the pipe. Apparently I used pipe that was too good and it could have been a smaller diameter. Better this way than 'too small and too cheap'.

One of Ed's lab friends is downstairs working on the Beemer. He's proven my fears - that Ed 'hydrauliced' the motor (as if hydraulic was a verb with a past tense.) Anyway, we'll have a more detailed analysis later.

Meanwhile, I'm tired and wanna go to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can always put the Beemer up on blocks in the front yard. Your neighbors would be sure to appreciate the new addition of "new american folk art" to the landscape. Just make sure to spray paint the cinder blocks gold and attach a brass title plate.