Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 15 - Hospital day 11

Here's the deal. I had a rather heavy flare-up of my gout last night (this morning) at about 3am. I begged for a dose of steroids and the docs didn't quite get it. They wanted to treat the pain and I wanted to make the damned things go away. I know a dose of 'roids would dissolve the urea crystal(s) and make the problem go away. All they wanted to do was make sure I was doped up enough to not care.

I won.

Now, some 18 hours later, the gout is virtually gone. I don't have any significant pain, and I know it'll be better in the morning.

So why am I still here in the hospital? They kept me here because of the gout. They wanted to "make sure" I didn't fall down. (I honesty think it was just an excuse to keep me the extra day they originally wanted anyway.)

Regardless, I'm OUT OF HERE TOMORROW, Sunday, December 16, 2007. (If I'm not, I've either got a fever or I'll be in jail for kicking booty in a hospital.)

(1100)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go on with your hospital
booty kickin'
bad self.
Kick some but... I'll post bail. If they accept credit cards...