Friday, January 09, 2009

Self awareness.

I'm burned out. I'm tired of playing the game. I'm not a fan of the daily grind.

It's the same stuff every day. Get up, take pills, hydrate, take pills, go to the SCCA, take pills, try to suffer as little discomfort as possible, take pills, go to bed alone in an enormous empty house.

Rinse, repeat.

There is nothing upbeat. Nothing positive. Nothing invigorating.
However, there's nothing really negative, downbeat, debilitating.
It's just DULL. Stagnant. Stale.

My excitement for the week? The SCCA prescribed 90Mg of Prednisone per day and then filled my prescription with 50Mg pills. Getting them to arrive at the intersection of Mathematics Boulevard and Practicality Lane was purposeful.

As far as new info is concerned, I've been shuffled from the transplant team to my regular oncologist, then back to the transplant team to the Long Term Followup Unit (LTFU). Maybe the last 2 weeks haven't been as dull as I said they were.

I've gotta say one thing for the LTFU. They don't sit on their fannies. As of 4pm today, two of my drugs are being reduced by 1/3. They're actually going to TRY some things to make me better. I like that.

Prednisone is decreasing from 90Mg to 75Mg. MMF is decreasing from TID to BID.

Ed just called. He'll be home in a few minutes. I'll be better then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad for you that Ed is coming to be with you - it sucks to be alone, period. And it really sucks to not be feeling well and doing it by yourself. I am grateful my SIL has my daughter to help and support him through his MM...
Have many laughs together!!

Roobeedoo said...

Hope it was a good weekend. I cannot imagine how you did the pill math - assuming you can't chop up the pills with a knife... or can you? Oh my. It is a drugs den chez Andre and Ed!

Anonymous said...

Well, Andre, looks like you need a whack on the side of the head... some way to get your creative, love-of-life-and-your-way-of living-it energy going again... why don't you write a book about Multiple Myeloma? Interview others who have it and how they are dealing...? It would be a best seller, because really everyone is dealing with their lives... but how about LIVING it? You're a great writer with a wacky but beautiful perspective on everything. You can do it, bud. Annie