Monday, January 19, 2009

Anonymous?

Things are going well here. I'm getting better and rumor has it that I'll be escaping on Wednesday morning after a late Tuesday treatment.

It's been boring, but a couple of amazing things have happened this week too.

I've been spending the last few days trying to figure out which of my anonymous readers dropped a thoughtful little gift off at the front desk.



You'll notice that the motorcycle has a "white tiger" motif. Not everyone knows me as 2WheelTiger. Not many people know I have a small collection of toy motorcycles at home. Not many people knew exactly where to find me this past week.

The gift came with a card from "Anonymous Blog Poster". The text on the card suited my sense of humor perfectly. "....laughter is the best medicine. Unless you have cancer. Then you need chemo."

Similarly, I know there are people out there who really care about me. S and P actually bought and transported Kentucky Fried Chicken to me for dinner one night. They're devout and practicing vegetarians, but they called Ed in Canada and asked if there was anything special I might like. Ed was candid.

I know it was a HUGE deal for them to do what they did. It became a huge deal for me too. People just don't do things like that unless you're pretty high on their list. Believe me, that'll be one of the most memorable things anyone has ever done for me.

So between the very thoughtful toy motorcycle, the controversial KFC meal, and the constant commentary on here, I realize I'm a very lucky man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it :) It was fun to find for you... You have given me (and many others) so much with your words.

I am the same anonymous that you responded to on Nov 18 re: conundrum. I still vote insightful and honest, but why not throw a little selfish and tactless in there for good measure! Well deserved.

Glad to hear the countdown to discharge is officially in process. Enjoy your freedom and hopefully you'll get to ride soon...

Roobeedoo said...

SO pleased to hear that you are getting little "treats" to brighten your days in there! Are you allowed to race your toys up and down the ward?!

Anonymous said...

King Arthur (Sean Connery) in "First Knight" said "In serving each other, we become free... and that is the very nature of Camelot." You serve others by your words, Andre. It is a hopeful thing when we all, by words or acts, return the favor. I am not the gifter of the toy, but I might guess who it is..... the Big Gifter for all little boys...
Santa Claus!!!
And, we are the lucky ones - to be participants in your healing!!!