Thursday, December 18, 2008

A visit with Dr. B.

Wednesday was my first visit to Dr. B. after the transplant. I had forgotten how agreeable he is.

I asked to be taken off of hydration. We agreed on what I needed to do, and then he took me off. Simple as that. Now I just have to hold up my end of the bargain.

3 liters of fluids every day. That's a bit over 100 US fluid ounces. In terms of cans of soda, that's about 8.5. (No, I'm not going to drink 8 cans of sugared beverages.)

I got more "G" yesterday. My counts are sliding again and we don't exactly know why.

Anyway, after the appointment, I loaded the truck and drove to Vancouver in a HORRIBLE snowstorm. There was almost a foot of snow in some areas. Snowplows made the interstate passable, but it was tough. Much of the roadway was frozen and I got a few wiggles out of the truck. Snowfall in one section was so heavy it was like driving into a fog bank.

But I'm here in Vancouver and it's warm in the house.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to Canada, even if it's temporary. Hope you enjoy your stay!!

Roobeedoo said...

Home for Christmas - that's great!

Anonymous said...

While I'm not a big proponent of the white stuff anymore (why I live in the south)I know you must be glad to be "home" and hope your holidays are blessed with good events...