Monday, December 08, 2008

Some more numbers

I've gotten a few new numbers in the last couple of days.

I have osteopenia. The numbers are in the 1.50-1.65 range. Osteoporosis starts at about 2.5. The condition is an expected side effect of MM. It is treatable.

My cholesterol numbers are high, but just marginally. Many of the drugs I'm on are known to contribute to high cholesterol. Nobody is worried.

In direct contrast to the previously quoted 97% to 3% Donor to Andre peripheral blood content, it seems that my blood type is changing. I used to be O+ and I'm now 60% A+ and only 40% O+. It is expected that I'll be completely A+ within the year. Blood transfusions are gonna get weird. I was given a nice little card that says something to the effect of, "If you check this guys blood type, call us and we'll explain your results."

For the record, I've felt like garbage for the last two days. The GI tract is NOT HAPPY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm curious.... I know from blood typing that O is universal, so I would suppose that you could accept O donations, and probably will not be giving up any that you have - whatever the mixture - but do you ever become fully one type over time?
My S-I-L is going to be finishing up his Auto during the next few weeks and looking to the Allo in about six months from a female relative... because she is a 10... thank goodness. But will he have hot flashes afterwards?
I know you're not a doctor, but thot you might be able to draw some conclusions based on your research...? Thanks