Saturday, December 06, 2008

Elvis has NOT left the building!

Many of my readers expect my posts to dwindle now that I'm reportedly "healthy". I'll agree that I blog less when there's nothing novel happening, but I expect to switch from reactionary blogging to simple updates. Things still happen in life, and if I switch from panic mode to 'living life' mode, I can easily blog at least once a week.

Truth is, I'm always worried about the people whose blogs just STOP at some point. I think it would be a disservice to my readers if I didn't show some continuance, some perseverance, some reason to fight the battle, some purpose to it all. Maybe it's vain, but if I can help one person survive the mental war with cancer, it will have been worth all the hours of typing and introspection.

I know it's been therapeutic for me. I hope it continues to be so for others.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andre;

Thank you for thinking about your readers. I am one who appreciates your unique perspective on living the life. You are right that cancer blogs which just vanish after the patient experiences a remission are a cause for uneasy wondering.

Keep it going. What you have to say is important.

J

Camille said...

Hello, I am in agreement that I thank you for thinking about your readers. My husband (of one month) has had MM for 3 years now and is in remission. Reading of your journey helps me cope with his reality daily. I keep you, and him, in my thoughts and prayers. Camille, Columbia MD

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I have been reading your blog for some time now. My Mom was d/x in May 08 (although we knew for about a year before that..long story). Your strength and honesty amazes me and I look forward to reading your blog regularly. Thinking of you & praying for you in Indiana....
Julie P.