Saturday, November 24, 2007

Oh, by the way.....

I sorta forgot to talk about the bone marrow biopsy that happened this past Wednesday. Remember, that's the old "let's put a couple of holes in your hip bones and suck out the juice" pleasantry I'm so fond of.

Well, it went EXACTLY as I wanted it to go. I went in. I took drugs. I walked out with Ed and we went home.

This is how bone marrow biopsies should happen. I'll do it again.

Oh, speaking of drugs. The docs have me on Fentanyl for pain nowdays. What a wonderful drug. No high and no pain. The perfect combination. I actually feel like a person's supposed to feel. No buzz and no misery.

It's really amazing how much pain I endured every day. It's only recognizable now that it's gone. I had grown so used-to the background pain that it became my new norm. I'm SO glad it's gone.

I've actually been waking up in a good mood every morning since starting the Fentanyl. (So good, in fact, that it's been irritating to Ed. He likes to wake up slowly and I've been a bit like Little Mary Sunshine.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, Little Mary Sunshine? It MUST be drugs. (can I have some?)

Roobeedoo said...

Sounds great! I'll have some too! Thanks for wise words re chemo and mutations. I am definitely wary of them taking FL off the drugs too soon. I get the impression they (the NHS) only let you have one course of treatment so if that doesn't work... but I may be wrong. A good question for our next consultant appt!