Monday, November 05, 2007

Another Monday rolls around.

The SCCA started at 10:45 today - blood tests including a bunch of odd ones like a CD34 test and a test to see if myeloma cells are coursing through my bloodstream.

Then there was the usual "G" shots and vitals, with the usual questions. You know, "Have you died within the last 24 hours?", "Has there been any unusual bleeding since we thinned your blood so far that it looks like water?", and "Do you feel dizzy when you stand up?".

Now, these may seem like inane questions, but I dilligently answer every one. So in case you're curious, here are my responses.

"Not that I'm aware of. Is there something you need to tell me?"
"Just the bloody eye and the Petechia. Besides that there have been no gushers."
"Not any more than I am the rest of the time."
Nobody ever asks how dizzy I am the rest of the time.

Anyway, I'm back at home, hooked up to my little black girlfriend "Wheezy" for a nice liter of fluids. Waiting for the phone call that drops another shoe. Will it be the right shoe, or the wrong shoe?

I'll let you know.

No comments: