Thursday, November 29, 2007

36 hours in

I haven't eaten much. I've limited myself to fluids, canned meal substitutes (Ensure type products), and water. The idea of real food turns me green.

I had a canned meal substitute, a small container of apple sauce, a bottled water, and one bite of a pig-in-a-blanket for dinner. It took me 3 hours to eat it.

At about 9 pm I went to the bathroom and felt a wave of nausea...... with violent results.

The odd thing was that I'd felt just fine until I relaxed a couple of muscles to pee, then all hell broke loose. Sudden nausea with instantaneous projectile vomiting. It looked like a horror movie. I was fine (and quite empty) about a minute later.

They tell me I shouldn't be this queazy yet. They say I shouldn't be this bad until about the 5th or 6th day. They also tell me they'll have to hospitalize me if I can't get any nutrition.

BTW - I'm taking anti-barf pills.

2 comments:

Lin said...

Andre(?)
Just checking in to send some hang in there vibes. Best wishes, friend.

Roobeedoo said...

If you gotta throw you gotta throw. And sometimes hospital is the best place to be, so don't rule it out altogether. You might need a different anti-sickness drug. FL was told there are two types, that act on different parts of the brain. They changed his medication and suddenly he was able to eat again - it's worth asking!