Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No need to worry.

I haven't updated the blog in a while and people seem concerned. Don't worry, I didn't die. I've actually been living a relatively normal life and I'm trying to break the routine of being a full-time cancer patient. Ed and I are starting our life up again.

Facts: I feel better every day. I haven't woken up and expressed an epithet in at least two weeks. My energy and endurance levels are improving. My strength and flexibility are improving. My appetite is out of control!

I should probably mention that Ed is out of town at a ski resort some 9200' in the air, in a suite with a fireplace that overlooks the 5 acre ice skating lake they Zamboni every couple of hours. Yes, it's on someone else's tab.

On my side of the planet, this week has been pretty active. I rode the motorcycle over to the SCCA yesterday (Monday) for blood tests and a pamidronate infusion. The infusion center was backed up 1:45 and the whole procedure only takes 2 hours, so I was pretty frustrated with that. I got to the facility at 11:30 and got home at almost 6:00.

Today's fun started at 10:30 with a bone marrow biopsy. I have to admit that today's nurse was a complete pro at the procedure and it hurt about 1/5 of what my last "fully conscious" biopsy did. This was followed by a complete skeletal X-ray series so the docs can find the voids in my bones. I really want a set of DICOM images from this series. The whole set was done digitally and I wanna see the pics for myself.

I was out of there just before noon. 1.5 hours total time. Some of the departments are more efficient than others.

I have a blood draw and physical therapy tomorrow for 2 hours. I expect that's gonna hurt more than the biopsy....

1 comment:

Roobeedoo said...

Great to hear you are improving by the day! And I imagine that it is quite liberating to zoom away from an appointment on your bike!