Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Holy Crap!

I just got an update from the SCCA on my allogeneic transplant.

They found two 9 of 10 donors.

Apparently the donors have already submitted new samples to the lab. This means they didn't reconsider their donation status (chicken out). HLA testing and retesting is currently underway at the SCCA lab.

So what are my feelings at this moment? Elated and scared to death. Elated at the opportunity, scared of the outcome. Ed and I have to talk about this.

There are no guarantees in the results yet because there's not been confirmation from the lab, but when you're told there probably won't be a match at all, and they come back with two, it's a shocker. I think Ed and I had our heads wrapped around me living out my days on a maintenance program. Now we have to revisit the scary options.

1 comment:

Roobeedoo said...

Talk about a rollercoaster ride! Take time to make the right decision. Good luck sweetie!