Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Holy Crap Two!

I just got back from the SCCA and a visit with Dr. B. The results from last week's electrophoresis were in. These are the magic numbers that quantify the level of my disease. We've been quite pleased to see these numbers drop over the months preceding my transplant, and they've dropped post-transplant too. But here's the shocker for the week:

IgA lambda (Beta region) - Too small to quantitate

IgA lambda (Gammma region) - Too small to quantitate

IgA kappa - Too small to quantitate

Total protein - 6.6 g/dL (placing me near the bottom of the normal range)

So what does it mean? It means that the single auto transplant WORKED. It means there are undetectable levels of the cancer byproducts/components appearing in my blood. It means we can assume there is very little cancer in my body.

We're scheduling a complete re-stage in the next two weeks. We'll know more then, but at this point, we couldn't have asked for better results.

Question of the day: If we found two donors, will I need them?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! That's great! Congratulations!
~Kelsey

Broom said...

badass! thats awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Realy glad to here your good news.
hmmmm.....
Perhaps I should have you buy me a lotto ticket.

Roobeedoo said...

That's AMAZING!
Wow!
:D

Unknown said...

You are to crusty to let that cancer beat ya. :)

My mom would be proud.

Keith

Anonymous said...

Amazing news Andre.
Modern medicine is frequently an amazing thing.

Yuliya said...

Awesome awesome awesome! Great news!!!