Sunday, October 19, 2008

The complaints are becoming more frequent.

Apparently I don't blog often enough. I'm getting complaints. Well, maybe they're not really complaints, but they're questions. "How are you doing? You haven't blogged in a long time!"

And so, here's the latest.

As of this morning, the load on my kidneys has been significantly reduced. We can rule out the risk of serious kidney damage for the time being.

My energy levels are at a pretty low level. Muscular strength is poor.

Blood pressure is good. Pulse is good.

Upper and lower GI issues are significantly reduced. I'm eating quite a bit and have actually picked up one kilo this week. Unfortunately the weight gain has been limited to the single kilo.

Steroids have been typical. I have peripheral edema (fat ankles and knees). Appetite is good, but taste and smell are still abominable.

I don't sleep well unless the room is over 80F (26.6C). I get muscular cramps in my feet, legs, and hands.

BUT, I'm doing better than I was last week and this gives me hope. At least I'm not going backward. It's not easy, but I'm moving forward.

4 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

Moving forward is good! Keep it up Andre!

Anonymous said...

Well, isn't it nice to know so many people notice whether or not you're blogging? Did you try the bananas for the cramping? Too bad you don't know more about the donor - perhaps he was a Kvetcher... just kidding, Andre.
Just know that I, probably/most assuredly/ one among many, continue to pray for your recovery! Annie

Lin said...

Keep on movin' one step at a time. You and Ed remain in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us up to date Andre.

*hug*