Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Change your partner, do-si-do!

For my British fans, the title is a reference to a square dancing instruction.

The SCCA did a blood test on me this morning to track what they feared from Tuesday. The results are quite simple. My kidneys are overloaded. This can lead to kidney failure, dialysis, death. Not cool.

So they've increased my hydration to 1.5 liters/day. Yipee, 6 hours on the pump every day. They've changed me to Gancyclovir instead of Acyclovir (deliverable in another hour long infusion.) They've reduced some of my other drugs by 50% and they've eliminated others completely for the short-term.

Meanwhile, I've been awake for 36 hours because of the steroid changes from Tuesday. I know my body and brain will settle on this new norm, but it's always a little slice of hell when I'm thrown onto high dose 'roids.

Do I feel like crap? You can bet money on it. It's just highly excitable crap.

1 comment:

Roobeedoo said...

Sorry to hear this. But that doesn't help does it? Go to your next appointment in your batman suit and make their day?