Monday, August 25, 2008

Mini Allo Step One - Day One

The SCCA wasn't quite ready for me today. My infusion was supposed to start at 10 am and it actually started at 11:30. Something about the pharmacy being busy. Whatever, I have time.

My blood pressure was seriously elevated..... 150 over 100.... but that was probably due to stress.... My face and attitude were positive, but I was obviously a bit freaked out.

The whole process started with a Zofran, which is supposed to resolve nausea in chemo patients. Eventually my nurse donned her hazmat suit and started my infusion.

Hazmat suit? You're putting that stuff INSIDE me? Well, whatever.

And then they fed me lunch. Where is the intersection of Zofran, chemo, and lunch? Anyway, I ate the turkey sandwich, the pasta salad, and the apple sauce as if I were returning from fasting..... and I'm eating a braunschweiger/mustard/mayo sandwich right now.... Zofran and chemo seem to make me hungry.

Regardless, I took the step. I didn't chicken-out. The trigger has been pulled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Andre.
We are starting Dad's journey a week from today..
Tracie