Thursday, August 28, 2008

24.2

I want to take a minute to thank my donor. As most of you are aware, somebody I don't know has just endured a week of chemotherapy and approximately four hours attached to the most bizarre machine on the planet on behalf of someone unknown. Me.

He's a 24.2 year old man from the US with Type A blood. If you're him. Thanks.

It amazes me that people are willing to do this kind of thing for a complete stranger. It amazes me more that someone who is only 24 would be familiar with the system, be prepared to join the registry, and follow thru with the procedure. The only thing I thought about when I was 24 was getting my pencil sharpened.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2 comments:

Broom said...

i'd like to think that i'm willing to sign up and go through with it all too, but its tough to find the motivation to go through all that!

gotta be some good karma in there i suppose... i'll have to look into it.

Broom said...

where would i find the information to do this?