Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sunday report.

Last week was interesting. I did physical therapy, occupational therapy, and saw a psychologist. The PT was great. It helped me discover which muscles were most atrophied and which had shortened and needed stretching. The supervised exercise kept me from overextending myself. The therapist freaked when my heart rate hit 164, but when I explained that my red blood cell (RBC) count was incredibly low, she was a little more calm. My RBCs are low enough that I'm probably processing oxygen as if I were at 10,000 feet. I'm not worried.

Occupational therapy was just an interview. I'm not having trouble taking care of myself, nor am I trying to get back to a job that requires lots of physical exertion. We decided not to proceed with OT.

The psychologist thing was interesting. He and I decided I was probably the healthiest person he would see all day. No need to see him again. I'm apparently sane and enjoying life.

Ed and I worked on the new bathroom on Saturday. I actually got tired instead of falling victim to indifference. Cabinets were mounted. Countertops were installed. Monday starts the next phase of installation with the sinks and faucets.

I was electronically interviewed this weekend by a fellow motorcyclist. The link is here. Read it if you're interested.

Next week is: Dr. A on Monday. Dr. B on Tuesday. I hope to get some info from the allogeneic transplant team on Monday morning so I can talk to the docs later in the week. Numbers and details are forthcoming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't have an allogeneic transplant, The Auto stem cell plants are worthwhile though. Get 2nd opinions!
Carrie

motopacsman said...

Interesting comment, Carrie. The allo scares the hell out of me. I've already had an auto and I'm not looking forward to a second. The first one has hammered me for the last 90 days.

I get lots of second opinions. I'm genuinely interested in why you're so against an allo. Feel free to tell me about it here.