Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The plan

We've gotten all this great news lately and we think we've developed a plan that maximizes our good fortune. Here a recap of the facts:

1) A suitable stem cell donor has been found.
2) We're moving to Vancouver, CN.
3) I'm on a chemo maintenance program.

So, our plan is to:

1) Keep me on maintenance for as long as it continues to work.
2) See if we can harvest stem cells from the donor now and freeze them until they're needed. We don't want the allo transplant until there's no other option.
3) Move to Canada.
4) Keep me on Ed's COBRA benefits.
5) Drive back and forth from Vancouver to Seattle a lot.
6) Investigate Medicare / Medicaid
7) Try to make me a Canadian permanent resident and eventual citizen. (We've already contacted an attorney.)
8) Enjoy life in the maze.

Life is exciting in our house.
(4850)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a heckuva plan. Keep us posted as I'm sure you will.

Roobeedoo said...

Number 8 is the most important!

Broom said...

sounds good to me! enjoy the ride!