Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another milestone.

It's been 18 months since my PCP told me I had cancer. 18 months since we had the big, scary sit-down. 18 months since our lives took a left turn across heavy traffic. 18 months of hell for both of us.

Ed and I took a few minutes to look back at the last year and a half. Ed remembers times when he was slightly afraid to look in on me, for fear he'd find me lifeless. I remember times when I could have easily given up and passed into the great beyond.

But now, we're glad we fought the dragon together. It was the only way we could make the beast surrender.

Our life together has changed. Our lives as individuals have changed too. Fortunately now, everything is moving in a positive direction and life looks good.

So, we're glad we've been given the last 18 months as a precursor to many many more. It's hard work but it's worth it.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Happy for you both. Stay Healthy and have a great life! :o)