Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rash-onal behavior

The rash is subsiding. The itch is dissipating. But the dry skin is proliferating everywhere the rash has been. If I rub my forehead, there's fallout. If I take off my shirt, there's a cloud of skin particles that fill the air. YUCK!

In my mind, this is proof that I'm reacting badly to Revlimid. Unfortunately, my hubby "Mr. Science" wants me to go back on Revlimid for a few days to see if the rash reactivates. He cites true scientific procedure as the basis of his request. He wants proof, not supposition. Further, he cites a research paper that concludes patients get better anti-cancer effects if they get a rash while on Revlimid. Ok, one measly research paper with two authors. It's basically a study of patient records. There's mention that two patients had rashes severe enough to warrant taking them off the drug.

"Frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a damn!"

Let's just consider me one of the patients who had to be taken off the drug. Let's also consider me someone who doesn't want to go back on Thalidomide. We'll see what happens on the 30th.

Have I mentioned that, in general, cancer sucks?

1 comment:

Roobeedoo said...

Hey Scarlet - is it catching via the web?! FL has come out in an allover itchy rash!?! But we are hoping its a reaction to a change of calcium supplement. Back to the old one and fingers crossed...
By the way, UK sales of udder cream have soared since your recommendation...!