Saturday, April 12, 2008

Rash decisions

You may recall a minor entry that described a rash I've been dealing with for some time. I saw a dermatologist who prescribed a combination of topical steroids for the condition. The rash got worse.

I had an appointment with Dr. B. We were having a conversation with his PA and she mentioned using Eucerin Aquaphor since the rash was accompanied by lots of dry skin. Bingo! The PA was right. The DR was wrong.

And so, last week was the nadir of the rash. No itching, no new spots, no powdered skin when I took off my shirt.

But 2+2 didn't make 4 in our little heads. See, I've been on new chemo for a while, and last week was the "time off" for dosing. The schedule is 21 days on, 7 days off. (Rinse and repeat)

To put it simply, the dry skin was resolved with the Aquaphor, but the itchy rash went away while I was off chemo. Guess who's been back on chemo for the last 3 days. Guess who's had a rash for the last 2 days. Guess who woke up this morning looking like he'd been punched in the face and then stung by bees. Guess who is NOT HAPPY.

What the heck. Just call me Spot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to have a child just so I could name him or her spot. I'd make such a great parent.

Anonymous said...

thanks andre
my husband has the same
type rash. its helps to hear
ur experience.
hang in there

patzy