Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Two docs, one day.

I saw my surgeon and my oncologist today.

Surgeon - Healing seems to be quite normal and progressing well. He's taking me off antibiotics. I see him again on the 20th. Staples were removed and now I'm just taped together.

He explained that he removed about 9-10 inches of my intestine. It was attached to the surrounding tissue so severely that he described "I had to carve it out of there". Apparently he thought it was cancerous, but a biopsy showed it to be benign.

Oncologist - Not good news. I'm going back on chemo because my protein numbers are back up BIG TIME. He wants to get a reading and an improvement ASAP so that we can do a harvest and a transplant ASAP.

Basically, I'm going to have to go on long term disability. Between surgical recovery and the chemo/transplant, I won't be able to work a day until about September or longer. (Purely a guestimate on my part.)

I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not good news, glass half empty.
Not the very worse news, glass half full.
Can we exchange this glass for a beer stein?
Cause half a beer is better than no beer at all.
Get to feeling better.