Monday, March 19, 2007

Better

Technically, I'm getting better. I now have enough energy to do light duty things for almost an hour without wanting to pass out and die. I can even stay awake for 16 straight hours. All these are an improvement. Can I function at work? Hell no. The thalidomide makes me brainless without the benefit of the steroid lift. The steroids are being prohibited because they inhibit healing and hide problems. (Which is why I had to have surgery.)

Ed made a CD with all the pics he's taken of me since the surgery. The thirty stitch belly is pretty interesting, but I won't share it with you. I heard enough whining about the overhead shot "Christmas card" pics. Somehow I doubt you want to see several inches of staples, blood, and bruises.

In any case, elimination is returning to normal. It's something I can control and it's relatively painless nowdays. All in all, surgery was a success.

Now my oncologist wants to get my numbers back in the "remission" column so we can harvest stem cells, then kill my bone marrow and transplant my stem cells back.

THAT is gonna be hell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like you have to put your normal life on hold for a while ... yet, after a while, the new life becomes your normal, doesn't it?

And then what happens when you get better? Go back to the old normal?

Wild.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are getting better, if only technically. Is good to see something from you, I was getting worried. Take care.