Friday, March 23, 2007

No worries

Some of you worry if I don't post something here every day or two. Well, most of the time I don't post simply because there's not much to report. Life goes on, boring as it is lately.

In response to some of the comments made recently..... Normal is always normal. What I'm going thru now is normal for now. I seriously doubt there will ever be a time when my future normal will ever be the same as my past normal. Until then, I'm enduring my present normal.

My memory / self image still has me hunting down spare wheels for my R1. My ego still tells me I'm a fast guy who will be doing trackdays this summer. My ego still tells me I could start teaching race school here. Then reality sets in and I have to consider selling the bike. Normal is different.

The whole motorcycle thing is kind of a big deal for me. For many years I was a racer. When I retired I became an ex-racer, but I could still teach and I was still a motorcyclist. I've never wanted to be one of those guys whose life was all in the past. I always wanted to be a guy who was still "doing it", whatever it was. (I've always thought that guys who said "I used to" were losers in some small way.) Now I'm faced with the possibility that I'll have to become an ex-motorcyclist. Now I might have to say "I used to". That doesn't sit well with me.

All in all, I know I'm getting better physically. I still have considerable weakness in my arms and legs. Hell, I can barely climb onto a bench - a whopping 20 inch rise. My weight is going back up. Obviously I'm able to eat better nowdays. I've gained about 15# since the surgery. Heck, maybe that's why I can't get up on a bench...... too much to lift. Eating from boredom is the cause / curse. I need to find things to occupy my head and hands.

No comments: